The Columbia Chamber of Commerce has established affordable housing, workforce development and a new terminal at Columbia Regional Airport as among its top priorities for the coming year.
Chamber officials discussed its 2019 priorities on Wednesday at the organization’s annual Civic Appreciation Breakfast.
Representatives from the chamber’s government affairs committee announced a total of six priorities for 2019:
- Encourage the Columbia City Council to align its budget with priorities identified by citizens
- Bring together stakeholders to develop a comprehensive plan for public safety
- Advance efforts to complete a new terminal at Columbia Regional Airport
- Work with the Columbia City Council to support ballot measures approved by voters
- Support policies to spur private development of affordable housing
- Advocate for more efficient, transparent and accessible local government
Read more: Columbia Missourian