City workers in Columbia will receive pay raises for the 2019 fiscal year under a city budget approved Monday night by the Columbia City Council.
The increases approved Monday include:
- Raising the hourly minimum pay for all permanent positions to $15
- Moving eligible employees to the midpoint of their pay scales
- Increasing pay grade maximums
- Giving all permanent city employees a 45-cent raise
- Paying trash collectors $2 more per hour
A total of 229 city workers are eligible for the move to the midpoint, and 237 will see their pay increased as a result of the higher wage floor.
The increases are projected to cost the city $3.1 million. Some $1.2 million of that will come from the city’s general fund, and the rest will come from cuts to city departments.
Read more: Columbia Missourian