Missouri Business Alert’s Speaking Startup podcast explores news and issues important to Missouri entrepreneurs.
Today’s show is all about the future of the medical cannabis industry in Missouri. Voters approved a constitutional amendment that legalized marijuana for medical use in November, opening the door for entrepreneurs and investors from across the state to participate in an industry that has proved lucrative in states like Colorado and California.
- 1:11 – A roundup of this week’s startup news from across the state
- 2:29 – We ask MoCannBizCon participants: What motivates you to join the medical marijuana industry in Missouri?
- 4:00 – Jacob Treacy from California-based Bat Country Farms, discusses how he looks to bring his expertise to his native Missouri.
- 10:35 – We ask MoCannBizCon participants to tell us why now is the right time to enter the medical Marijuana industry in Missouri.
- 11:33 – John Payne from Amendment 2 Consultants gives advice aspiring cannabis entrepreneurs need to know to get started.
- 19:04 – We ask MoCannBizCon participants about the risks they anticipate they’ll face as they enter the industry.
- 20:43 – A look at numbers in the news and important upcoming events
Find more Speaking Startup on our website or wherever you get your podcasts.