The elevator pitch is an essential part of any entrepreneur’s repertoire. And, though it’s often less than a minute, a well-executed elevator pitch involves considerable thought and strategy.
In this episode of Speaking Startup, we get tips for an effective elevator pitch from Columbia Startup Weekend organizers and participants.
Then, we travel to Glasgow to tell the story of Fred Foley, who pulls double duty as the owner and chef of a local restaurant and the mayor of the mid-Missouri town.
We also sit down with Conner Ruhl, whose idea of an app for paragliders was one of the big winners at Columbia Startup Weekend.
Here’s the full show rundown:
- 2:48 – The week’s startup and entrepreneurship headlines
- 3:52 – The art of the elevator pitch
- 8:38 – Fred Foley, entrepreneur and mayor of Glasgow, Missouri
- 13:11 – Conner Ruhl, Columbia Startup Weekend winner
- 20:15 – Important numbers and a closing thought
The Speaking Startup podcast explores news and issues important to Missouri entrepreneurs. Find more Speaking Startup on our website or wherever you get your podcasts.