LaunchKC, a national grants competition for early-stage tech companies, has announced 20 finalists from a pool of nearly 500 applicants. These finalists will gather in Kansas City later this month at the Techweek KC conference to compete for 10 grants worth $50,000 each.
In addition to the grants, the winning startups will receive office space, professional services and mentorship, which LaunchKC organizers hope will help the tech entrepreneurs build their businesses in Kansas City.
The 20 finalists include 12 from the Kansas City area, seven from other U.S. states and one from Santiago, Chile.
The finalists (listed alphabetically, by company name and team leader) include:
- Alcohoot: Christopher Ayala, New York, N.Y.
- Appbase: Siddharth Kothari, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Blooom: Chris Costello, Overland Park, Kan.
- CBG Technologies: Ben Rao, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
- Edge Up Sports: Ilya Tabakh, Kansas City, Mo.
- HealthID: Angelo Pitassi Jr., Cranston, R.I.
- Integrated Roadways: Tim Sylvester, Kansas City, Mo.
- KC Drone Co.: Casey Adams, Kansas City, Mo.
- LaborChart: Ben Schultz, Overland Park, Kan.
- Loadlytics: Rashad Sanders, Boston, Mass.
- Mobility Designed, LLC: Liliana Younger, Roeland Park, Kan.
- Nodal Security: Marcus Eagan, Detroit, Mich.
- Ovatemp: Daniel Graf, Kansas City, Mo.
- PopBookings: Erika Klotz, Kansas City, Mo.
- Pycno: Nikita Gulin, Santiago, Chile
- SkillGravity: Alina Kharina, San Francisco, Calif.
- SquareOffs: Jeffrey Rohr, Kansas City, Kan.
- Ulytic: William Martin, Columbia, Mo.
- Video Fizz: Laura Steward, Kearney, Mo.
- Virtutecture: Tracy Ford, Lee’s Summit, Mo.