ScaleUP! Kansas City recently announced 16 local business owners joining its program, which aims to help businesses boost revenue growth.
The new cohort represents a wide range of industries, including consulting, software development, health care, construction and more.
The four-mouth program, funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration, will provide them intensive training, connections to mentors and strategic thinking to foster their growth.
The local business owners joining the new cohort are:
- Thomas Assel, Assel Consulting LLC, Lee’s Summit
- Chris Ayala, First Response Construction LLC, Kansas City
- Cristina Betts, MD HomeCare, LLC, Kansas City
- Sheryl Briggs, ClassApps LLC, Kansas City
- Dawn Cramer, Cramer Capital Management, Kansas City
- John Crum, Crum Cleaning, Kansas City
- Kathy Gates, The Running Well Store, Kansas City
- Chris Goodwin, Insurance Pros, Overland Park, Kansas
- April Kramer, Apple Pie Painting, Overland Park, Kansas
- Nick Lewman, Matai Services, Kansas City
- Elizabeth McFadden, Novella Brandhouse Group, Inc, Kansas City
- Mani Raman, Yotabites Consulting LLC, Fairway, Kansas
- Sara Noble, Noble Designs, Inc., Mission, Kansas
- Brendan O’Shaunghessy, Ocean & Sea, Mission, Kansas
- Jennifer Rosenblatt, MusicSpoke, Kansas City
- Lori Worthington, Right Angle Advisors, Kansas City
This is the sixth cohort of ScaleUP! Kansas City, which works with companies that have been in business for at least two years, do more than $150,000 annual sales and are in markets that can generate more than $1 million in yearly revenue.
ScaleUP! Kansas City was one of eight local venture accelerators selected to receive financial backing from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation as part of the KC Accelerator Challenge.