Columbia’s Regional Economic Development, Inc. will hold its inaugural Women Founders Pitch event at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Central Bank of Boone County in downtown Columbia.
For those who can’t attend the event, Missouri Business Alert will provide a live video feed via the embed below.
Ten women-founded companies are scheduled to pitch at the event:
- A. Andreassen, which creates high-end shoes and accessories
- Dynamize Tools, which creates tools for the electric and utility industries
- The New Territory, a literary magazine catering to the lower Midwest
- Noviqu, a software platform for safety, maintenance and training in the manufacturing industry
- Quetza, which provides online learning and tools for managing laboratory mice breeding
- Raw Roots, which creates health food products with raw turmeric root
- Savvy Strategies, a college admissions consulting business
- Space Shark Studios, a video game-based learning platform
- Sparkworth, a business management platform for speakers and authors
- The Hatchery, a coworking space with on-site childcare
Prizes up for grabs include web design and marketing services, business coaching and free memberships to the Hub, REDI’s coworking space.
Collin Bunch, REDI’s entrepreneurship program coordinator, said the event was created to shine a light on early-stage companies that are looking to grow but may lack the exposure or resources to fuel that growth.
“We know there’s really awesome people and companies in this town,” Bunch told Missouri Business Alert. “This was just that last little push.”