Many of the 149 measures passed by the Missouri Legislature during this year become law today. Here are some laws that stand out:
- State elected and Senate-confirmed appointed officials must wait six months after their term ends before they can become a lobbyist.
- Lawmakers-turned-lobbyists must end campaign committees and return money.
- State elected officials cannot be hired as political consultants.
- A third party company will verify eligibility of Medicaid recipients.
- Fantasy sports companies will have to start paying an annual operating fee of 11.5% of its net revenue from Missouri participants for the previous year.
- Cities will be capped on how much they can collect from citizens for minor non-traffic violations.
- There will be an increase in asset limits for disabled and elderly Missourians applying for Medicaid.
Read more: Missourinet