Missouri Business Alert’s Speaking Startup podcast explores news and issues important to Missouri entrepreneurs.
In our latest episode, we examine the business of music festivals in Missouri. At their core, these festivals often feature ambitious entrepreneurs looking to deliver great experiences and make money. But in the race to become the next big festival, overspending or under-planning can lead to catastrophe.
- 1:47 – We take a look back at Missouri’s Woodstock, the 1974 Ozark Music Festival at the state fairgrounds in Sedalia.
- 4:06 – LouFest founder Brian Cohen discusses the festival’s heyday and what’s at stake when organizing a music festival.
- 15:00 – Charlie Greene from Borda Productions talks about the company’s history, their revenue and growth model, and what festival organizers need to prioritize to avoid problems.
- 22:00 – We recall last year’s failed EDM festival, Boonphoria, which left some fans and vendors claiming fraud.
- 24:08 – We discuss some numbers from the music festival industry.
Find more Speaking Startup on our website or wherever you get your podcasts.