The team at Missouri Business Alert regularly has the privilege of meeting and hearing the stories of entrepreneurs from all across Missouri.
We learn about their goals, their fears, their successes, their failures. We hear about what’s propelling them forward and what’s standing in their way.
One common thread in those stories is the role the right people and connections can play in helping young companies succeed.
As we’ve heard some entrepreneurs say, it takes a village to raise a startup.
It’s because of those entrepreneurs and their stories that we are so excited about an event we’re hosting next month.
The goal of the Crawl is straightforward: Facilitate the connections and collisions needed to accelerate the growth of Missouri’s promising young companies.
We’re going to bring students, startups and the broader business community together under one roof. And guess what? We’re going to make it fun!
Now, you may be wondering, what exactly is a startup crawl? Here’s how it works:
- Startups come and present themselves at venues across downtown Columbia.
- Crawlers progress from venue to venue, meeting and learning about the startups.
- Everyone meets and mingles at an after party, complete with complimentary food and drinks.
So, how can you get involved? We’re so glad you asked.
- If you have a startup, apply for a booth on the Startup Crawl CoMo website, startupcrawlcomo.com. Spaces are booking quickly, so apply soon!
- If you want to support the Crawl, contact organizer Lorah Lackland about ways you can help the cause.
- Just looking to attend? Register for free and share the event with your friends and colleagues!
This is the first time we’ve had the chance to host something like this, and we could not be more excited.
Connections will be made. Ideas will be exchanged. Fun will be had.
And, who knows? Maybe a couple early-stage businesses will get the boost they need to take the next step. Because in startups, as in life, you have to crawl before you can walk.
The Crawl starts at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 10. We can’t wait to see you there!
Lorah Lackland is Missouri Business Alert’s director of marketing and the lead organizer of Startup Crawl CoMo.
Michael Stacy is Missouri Business Alert’s managing editor.