Missouri has one of the nation’s worst gender pay gaps among top earners

People in the top 2 percent of earners in the U.S. might have more money than they need, at least from the perspective of the other 98 percent of us.

But inequality exists even among the rich, and Missouri is the seventh-worst state in that regard.

The gender gap — how much less women make than men — applies to the 2 percent as well, as is illustrated by data from the U.S. Joint Economic Committee, a bipartisan group of U.S. senators.

The percentages show how much less women in the 2 percent make than men in the 2 percent, by state. The higher the percentage, the bigger the gap.

In Missouri, top-earning women make 66.41 percent less than top-earning men.

Read more: Kansas City Star


Tags:, ,

Have you heard?

Missouri Business Alert is participating in CoMoGives2019!

Find out how we plan to use your gift to enhance training and programming for our students

Learn more