Arch Grants, the nonprofit that gives $50,000 grants to startups committed to operating their business from St. Louis for one year, announced Friday that it has awarded $1 million in new grants to 20 companies.
The latest group features 11 companies from the St. Louis area and nine from elsewhere. Those nine represent six states and two countries — Canada and England.
The startups are:
- Balto Software, St. Louis
- Big Heart Tea, St. Louis
- CheckTheQ, St. Louis
- Clever Real Estate, St. Louis
- Digital Medical Arts, St. Louis County
- Equine Smartbits, Clayton
- Forefront Cultures, Lindenhurst, New York
- Generation Mindful, St. Louis
- GiftAMeal, St. Louis
- Good Life Growing, St. Louis
- HiHo Mobility, Waterloo, Ontario
- IncentiLock, Chesterfield
- Parlor, Boston
- Obe, San Francisco
- Podcast Press, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- SpenDebt, Houston
- SwipeSum, St. Louis
- ThermoAI, New York
- T-var EdTech, Columbus, Ohio
- WiFiPlug Leeds, England
Since its founding in 2012, Arch Grants has contributed more than $7 million to more than 130 early-stage companies. The organization says past grant recipients now have more than 1,400 employees and generate $135 million in revenue.