• Beyond Meat, which makes plant-based meat substitutes, filed for an initial public offering. The company has production facilities in Columbia and worked with University of Missouri researchers to develop its products.
• ShotTracker, a sports technology startup from the Kansas City area, partnered with the Hall of Fame Classic basketball tournament this week to provide its analytics platform to teams in real time, a first for NCAA Division I men’s basketball.
• The Yield Lab, a St. Louis-based agtech accelerator and seed fund, was among the investors in a $1.8 million funding round for Irish startup ApisProtect.
• Airbnb said this week it expected University of Missouri home football games to bring in more than $260,000 for Columbia hosts this fall. Homecoming weekend alone generated $72,000 for hosts, the company said.
• Arch Grants awarded $1 million in new grants to 20 companies, 11 of which are from the St. Louis area.
TL;DR is a rundown of Missouri entrepreneurship and startup news you may have missed from the week gone by. Keep current on all the latest by subscribing to Missouri Business Alert’s email newsletter.