Capital Innovators, a St. Louis-based accelerator for early-stage companies, has invested $50,000 for an equity stake in five more startups, all from the St. Louis area. The companies range from a wholesaler of smartphone and tablet replacement parts to an e-commerce outfit that sells personalized gifts and greeting cards.
Including the most recent group, Capital Innovators has invested close to $3 million in early-stage companies. Those startups have gone on to raise more than $100 million from other investors and create more than 500 jobs, the organization says.
The five companies are listed below, with brief descriptions of each:
- Greetabl – E-commerce company that creates personalized gifts and greeting cards
- Invisible Industries – Parent company to Invisible Girlfriend, an online service gives users a believable fake girlfriend
- Need Fixed – Wholesaler of smartphone and tablet replacement parts
- Spinball Sports – Manufacturer or pitching machines for baseball, softball and other sports
- VIM – Mobile analytics software designed to help users train more efficiently