Sixteen Kansas City-area business leaders at 12 companies are finalists in EY’s 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the Central Midwest region, and one local businessman is taking home the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The business awards program honors game-changing business leaders who demonstrate excellence in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
A panel of judges selected 22 finalists at 18 companies, and the winners will be announced during a June 15 gala in Kansas City.
The Kansas City-area finalists are:
- Matt Hertig and Michelle Jacobs— Alight Analytics (Kansas City)
- Richard Wetzel and Steven Swanson—Centric Projects (Kansas City)
- Peter Mallouk— Creative Planning (Leawood)
- Jay Kim— DataLocker Inc. (Overland Park)
- Brock Stechman and Brody Dorland— DivvyHQ (Kansas City)
- Jeanette Prenger— ECCO Select Corp.(Kansas City)
- Bren Brown and Michael Brown— Frontier Justice (Lee’s Summit)
- Sonia Garapaty— FSC Inc. (Overland Park)
- Erica Brune— Lever1 (Kansas City)
- Martin Bicknell— Mariner Holdings LLC(Leawood)
- John Goodbrake— Master’s Transportation Inc. (Belton)
- David Johnson— Maxus Properties Inc. (North Kansas City)
Read more: Kansas City Business Journal