Eight men associated with as many Missouri companies were named the winners of EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the Central Midwest at an event Thursday in Kansas City.
The winners were:
- Marty Bicknell of Mariner Holdings (Overland Park, Kansas)
- Allan Connolly of Aclara Technologies (St. Louis)
- Dan Geraty of Clearent (Clayton)
- John Goodbrake of Master’s Transportation (Kansas City)
- Bruce Holland of Holland Construction Services (Swansea, Illinois)
- David Johnson of Maxus Properties (North Kansas City)
- Peter Mallouk of Creative Planning (Leawood, Kansas)
- Donald Welge of Gilster-Mary Lee (Chester, Illinois)
According to an EY press release, the winners embody “new ways of thinking, disruptive business models and overall dynamism that make this country a great place to do business.”
Regional honorees are eligible for EY’s national awards, which will be announced in November.
In addition to those eight winners, David Lockton, chairman of Lockton Companies, received a Lifetime Achievement Award for his “extraordinary entrepreneurial leadership, achievements and vision.”