Five more early-stage companies from the Kansas City area have been selected for investment by the KCRise Fund.
The venture capital sidecar fund, founded last year to spur early-stage investment in local companies with high growth potential, announced its second funding round. Recipients are:
- ShotTracker, which uses motion pattern recognition and analytics to capture basketball statistics
- SMRxT, a medication adherence company that monitors patient behaviors
- SquareOffs, a social opinion platform for content discussions
- BacklotCars, a wholesale vehicle marketplace to move used inventory without auctions
- Bardavon, a technology service company focused on workers compensation programs
Since its 2016 founding, the KCRise Fund has attracted $15.3 million in capital and has invested $3.75 million in the 10 companies by co-investing with institutional venture capital investors.