Digital Sandbox KC, a proof-of-concept center that works with early-stage startups in the Kansas City area, announced Thursday that it has selected five new companies to support.
The startups are:
- 2020 Adventures, a web-based service designed to facilitate planning of group vacations
- AgVision, which uses artificial intelligence techniques to monitor cattle food intake
- Billdrill, a website that lets customers compare their home telecommunication cost against other providers in the area
- Idle Smart, which tracks and automates control of cabin temperature and engine temperature in tractor-trailers
- Luxe, a mobile platform that connects residents of apartment communities to concierge services
“We continue to be amazed by the quality and creativity of Kansas City companies,” Jeff Shackelford, director of Digital Sandbox KC, said in the press release. “Now, through our partnerships with Olathe, Independence, St. Joseph and Great Plains Energy, we have the opportunity to help even more early-stage entrepreneurs.”
Digital Sandbox KC accepts applications on a rolling basis. Companies with significant digital component are welcomed to apply.
Since its 2013 founding, Digital Sandbox KC has attracted more than 1.7 million project funding grants and worked with more than 400 entrepreneurs, according to the release. It recently recently expanded to St. Joseph.