ScaleUP! Kansas City has announced its seventh cohort, a group of 18 entrepreneurs in sectors including software, health care, construction, consulting and retail. The ScaleUP! program, administered by the UMKC Innovation Center, provides training, mentorship and other resources to these entrepreneurs as they look to scale their businesses.
The entrepreneurs of the new cohort are:
- Vince Barreto, PowerPlus Cleaning Systems (Blue Springs)
- Richard Brewer, Kornerstone Contracting Specialists (Belton)
- Larry Carr, Bradford Interior Group (Raytown)
- Pete Casey, KC North Spine and Joint Center (Kansas City)
- Brett Davis, Command.App (Overland Park, Kansas)
- Shawn Davison, Kansas City Board Game Company (Kansas City)
- Don Kerry, K.C. Waterproofing (North Kansas City)
- Joel Gerhardt, Epic Bike and Sport (Kansas City)
- James Hayworth, Beyond Exchange (Lee’s Summit)
- Ana Nubia Hernandez, La Mega Radio Station (Overland Park, Kansas)
- Tiffany King, SouveNEAR (North Kansas City)
- Mike Knopke, KC Shave Co. (Overland Park, Kansas)
- Raina Knox, Stratex Solutions (Lee’s Summit)
- Michelle Macrorie, Autism from the Start (Lenexa, Kansas)
- Angela Turner, Simmons Security & Protection Services (Kansas City, Kansas)
- Roger Wagy, Tick Tock Escape Games (Overland Park, Kansas)
- Gabrielle Wallace, Go Natural English (Independence)
- Christina Williams, Posh Restoration Facilities (Kansas City)
To date, 92 entrepreneurs have been through the program, according to a press release. ScaleUP! says those entrepreneurs have gone on to expand facilities, launch products and discover new markets.
To qualify for the program, entrepreneurs must have a company with annual revenue above $150,000, at least two years of business with at least two employees and a desire to grow their operation.