Eight business leaders from the Kansas City and St. Louis metro areas were named regional award winners in the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year celebration, the firm has announced.
The award recipients are:
- David Dehaemers, president and CEO of Tallgrass Energy Partners, a midstream energy company in Leawood, Kansas
- Benjamin “Tad” Edwards, founder, chairman CEO and president of Benjamin F. Edwards & Co., a financial services firm in St. Louis
- Donn Lux, chairman and CEO of Luxco, an alcohol distributor in St. Louis
- Scott Scully, president and CEO of Abstrakt Marketing Group, a marketing firm in St. Louis
- Susan McCollum, chairman and CEO of Major Brands, an alcohol distributor in St. Louis
- Augustus “Gus” Griffin, Cloud “Bud” Cray and Karen Seaberg of MGP Ingredients, a distillery and producer of specialty wheat products based in Atchison, Kansas
The program recognizes entrepreneurs who excel in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
The Kansas City and St. Louis winners were selected in the competition’s Heartland Region, which encompasses Minnesota, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
They will now be considered for Ernst & Young’s national entrepreneur of the year awards, which will be announced in November.