Missouri Business Alert’s Speaking Startup podcast explores news and issues important to Missouri entrepreneurs. In this week’s episode:
- 1:11 – Kansas City has a notorious payday lending culture. One Techstars startup is hoping to offer an alternative.
- 3:20 – Gov. Mike Parson vetoed a bill this month that had support from Missouri tech companies.
- 5:15 – Rightfully Sewn, a Kansas City startup that provides training and job placement for at-risk individuals, is expanding.
- 6:55 – Q&A with Carolyn Chrisman, executive director of the Missouri Rural Enterprise and Innovation Center in Kirksville. Chrisman talks about budget cuts and supporting entrepreneurs in a rural area.
- 12:45 – A look at important numbers from the week in entrepreneurship news
Find more Speaking Startup on our show page or wherever you get your podcasts.