Missouri Business Alert’s Speaking Startup podcast explores news and issues important to Missouri entrepreneurs.
In this week’s episode, we take a look at three organizations that are turning trash into treasure, generating revenue — and hoping to help the environment — by finding productive uses for things other people have cast off. The rundown:
- 0:45 – We cover this week’s startup news from across the state.
- 3:12 – Avenue of Life CEO and Executive Director Desiree Monize explains the business of mattress recycling in Kansas City.
- 8:15 – Meredith McAllister, co-owner of Compost Collective KC, discusses turning food scraps into a viable business.
- 14:43 – Brian Pratt, vice president of real estate operations at Green Street St. Louis, talks about sustainable development.
- 21:40 – We look at numbers in the news and important upcoming events.