Revenue at the six St. Louis area casinos totaled $83 million in January, down 4 percent from the same month last year.
Casino Queen in East St. Louis saw the largest revenue drop, 11 percent, in January to $9.6 million compared to the same month a year earlier. River City in Lemay was the only casino not to post negative numbers in January, which is traditionally a slow month for the area’s casinos.
Below is a look at the January performance of the area’s six casinos, featuring percentage change between 2012 and 2013, and January revenue (in millions).
- Hollywood: -5.9 percent; $19.4
- River City: 0.0 percent; $15.9
- Lumière Place: -4.6 percent; $12.0
- Ameristar: -3.5 percent; $20.8
- Casino Queen: -10.7 percent; $9.6
- Argosy Alton: -3.1 percent; $5.3
- Total -4.3 percent; $83.0