The University of Missouri School of Journalism has selected the 2015 recipients of its Missouri Honor Medal for Distinguished Service in Journalism, the school announced this week.
Seven individuals and two media organizations were chosen to receive the honor, which is given by the school’s faculty in recognition of lifetime or superior achievement in journalism.
The 2015 recipients of the honor are:
- CNN Digital – Digital news agency
- Barbara Ehrenreich – Author and activist
- Rea Hederman – Publisher, The New York Review of Books
- Gerd Ludwig – Photojournalist and documentary photographer
- Merrill Perlman – Copy editor
- Bill Plante – Senior White House correspondent, CBS News
- Yoani Sánchez – Cuban blogger, journalist and entrepreneur
- Lincoln Stephens – Co-founder, The Marcus Graham Project
- Sports Journalism Institute – Training-internship program
Since 1930, the Missouri School of Journalism has awarded the Missouri Honor Medal to journalists, advertising and public relations practitioners, businesspeople and media organizations from around the world in recognition of their service in journalism.
A ceremony to honor this year’s recipients will be held at MU on Oct. 26. Students and guests will have an opportunity to attend lectures by the medalists on their areas of expertise.