A group of business and sports leaders are working together to bring a Major League Soccer team to St. Louis.
The group includes:
- St. Louis Cardinals President Bill DeWitt III
- St. Louis Blues CEO Chris Zimmerman
- Bryan Cave partner Rob Ebert
- World Wide Technology co-founder and CEO Jim Kavanaugh
- Vicky Lynch, of Lynch Sports and Events
- Lodging Hospitality Management CEO Bob O’Laughlin
- Former Anheuser-Busch CEO and St. Louis NFL stadium proponent Dave Peacock
- UniGroup President Jim Powers
- FleishmanHillard partner Jim Woodcock
The group is privately-funded and will work closely with staff and select members of the St. Louis Sports Commission to conduct baseline market assessments for a potential team owner or owners, including the exploration of stadium sites, funding options and overall viability of the St. Louis region as a home for an MLS expansion franchise.
Plans for bringing a MLS team to St. Louis started to pick up steam after NFL owners voted in January to let the Rams move to Los Angeles.