Kansas City’s central location, its new downtown streetcars, plus dining, nightlife, shopping and entertainment options helped land eight major new conventions, Visit KC said Tuesday.
The bookings, scheduled for 2017 and beyond — as far ahead as 2022 — are expected to pump $32 million into the area’s economy based on attendance, hotel nights and other expenditures.
- Scentsy Inc., July 2017
- USA Weightlifting Junior National Championship, Feb. 2 2017
- Privilege Institute, April 2017
- Life Leadership, April 2017
- Enactus, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- United Methodist Church youth ministries conference, July 2019
- Watt Global Media, PetFood Forum convention, 2019 and 2020
- ACPA College Students Educators International, 2022
Read more: Kansas City Star