It’s hard not to get amped up watching the Olympics — the photo finishes, the shattered records, the waving flags.
Certain events tend to dominate television coverage, notably track and field and aquatics. But what about the sports that don’t make the A List?
There are plenty of venues around St. Louis to explore the more unusual Olympic events. We’ve listed a few to get you started:
- Archery: Summit Archery Center, Labadie
- Beach volleyball: Wave Taco league, St. Louis
- Boxing: Sweat boxing gym, Clayton
- Equestrian: Kraus Farms, High Ridge
- Fencing: Academy Fencing Club, Webster Groves
- Water polo: St. Louis Area Polo
- Judo: HIT Squad, Granite City
- Sailing: Creve Coeur Sailing Association, Maryland Heights
- Synchronized swimming: Mid-County Family YMCA
- Table tennis: St. Louis Table Tennis Club
Read more: St. Louis Post-Dispatch