AMC Theatres is overhauling its food options as part of a larger effort to keep patrons coming to theaters despite a growing number of home options.
AMC Feature Fare, announced Monday, is billed as “the largest menu revamp in Company history.” New items include:
- Chicken & waffle sandwiches
- The Bavarian Legend, a 1.5-pound pretzel
- Four varieties of stone-fired flatbread pizzas
- A lineup of gluten-free snacks, including chocolate-covered pretzel crisps, Harves Crisp Snap Peas, Parmesan Whisps and four Sahale nut blends
- Hillshire Small Plates, featuring five types of salami, each with toast points and premium cheese
- Gourmet popcorn, in original, cheese, salted caramel and cheddar crunch varieties
The chain, owned by Leawood-based AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., said it will roll out the new items to all AMC branded locations over the course of the summer and select items will be introduced at its newly branded AMC Classic locations.