Our success depends on the strength of our team. Our professional staff works closely with current University of Missouri students to build an innovative, creative and rewarding work environment. Our students graduate with skills they’ll use in the areas of business journalism, marketing, sales, and web development. Take a look at some of our student success stories here.
Take a look at the current opportunities posted below. Tell us what you are looking for and email your resumé to our Editor, Michael Stacy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to Get Involved
There are a growing number of courses that University of Missouri students can take to get involved with Missouri Business Alert for course credit. Current courses include:
- JOURN 4438: Business and Economics Reporting (3 credits)
- JOURN 4434: The Art and Mechanics of the Business Story (3 credits)
- JOURN 4462: Emerging Technologies in Journalism (1-3 credits)
- JOURN 4804: Convergence Reporting (3 credits)
- Trulaske Certificate in Sales and Customer Development program
- Independent study through the Journalism or Business schools (1-3 credits) – Apply for an independent study with Missouri Business Alert for Fall 2017 here.
Check with your student advisor or MyZou to learn more about these courses.
Missouri Business Alert Summer program
The application period for Summer 2017 has closed. Check back in February 2018 for next summer’s application!
Missouri Business Alert’s summer training program is a 10-week program that offers paid positions to students, who work 20 to 40 hours per week on the University of Missouri campus. The positions are divided into multiple teams:
- Web development
We look for hard-working, self-starting students who have an interest in startups and business, have a passion for storytelling, think entrepreneurially, and who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Don’t have any more room in your course load? Missouri Business Alert is a great option for students looking to add to their resume or to gain real-world experience. Contact our Editor, Michael Stacy (email@example.com) for more information.