Here’s a look at some of the stories Missouri Business Alert is tracking this week:
• Emerson Electric will report quarterly results and hold a conference call Tuesday, providing an update on how the Ferguson-based company is faring in the midst of a strategic shift that’s produced multiple billion-dollar deals. Emerson has expressed a desire to focus on its process automation and heating and air conditioning businesses, and last August the company announced a flurry of deals to that end, selling two units for $5.2 billion, buying Pentair Plc’s valves and controls business for $3.15 billion and acquiring two food transport companies for an undisclosed amount.
• The Missouri House Budget Committee is scheduled to hold hearings Tuesday and Wednesday featuring budget presentations from a variety of statewide officials, including the state treasurer, secretary of state and auditor. This comes the week after Gov. Eric Greitens’ unveiling of his $27.6 billion budget plan.
• The Social Media Club of Kansas City will host its annual AMPS Awards Wednesday night. The event, now in its third year, was created to “acknowledge excellence in social media” in the Kansas City area.
• Thursday is a big day for media earnings, with reports expected from Gannett, which owns USA Today and the Springfield News-Leader; McClatchy, the parent company of The Kansas City Star; and News Corp, owner of The Wall Street Journal. Media companies including The New York Times and The Washington Post have reported a boost to their bottom lines from 2016 political campaigns and the election of President Donald Trump.
• Local companies scheduled to report quarterly results include YRC Worldwide on Monday; Centene, Mallinckrodt, O’Reilly Automotive and Panera Bread on Tuesday; Compass Minerals and Euronet Worldwide on Wednesday; and Cerner on Thursday.
Gallup consumer spending measure; Treasury securities auction; earnings from Jones Lang LaSalle, Twenty-First Century Fox and Tyson Foods
International trade report; consumer credit report; earnings from General Motors, Mondelez International, Omnicom Group and Walt Disney; Missouri Arts Council meeting
Earnings from Allergan, The Carlyle Group, Goodyear, Prudential Financial, Time Warner and Whole Foods
Wholesale trade report; Fed balance sheet released; earnings from Coca-Cola, Gannett, Kellogg, KKR, McClatchy, News Corp, Twitter and Yum! Brands; St. Louis Fed President James Bullard speaks at Washington University
Import and export prices; Treasury budget report; earnings from CBRE Group
Want the state’s top business and entrepreneurship news in your inbox? Sign up here for our newsletters.