Here’s a look at some of the stories Missouri Business Alert is tracking this week:
• Kansas City Design Week continues, featuring a variety of workshops, talks and parties for the city’s design community. The event, which started April 6, runs through Thursday.
• Thursday’s a big day of earnings for big banks, with JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and PNC Financial Services all scheduled to report quarterly results. The earnings calls come at a time of unusual quiet for U.S. companies: Only 83 have published earnings guidance in the last month, the lowest number to do so at this time of year since Bloomberg began compiling such data in 1999.
• Local companies scheduled to report earnings include Commerce Bancshares on Thursday.
• It’s a short workweek on Wall Street, as markets will be closed Friday for Easter weekend.
• Passover starts Monday and ends April 18, and Easter is April 16. Easter is expected to spur record spending, the National Retail Federation reports, with Americans projected to shell out $18.4 billion for the holiday — up 6 percent from last year.
Labor Market Conditions Index released; Federal Reserve Bank Chair Janet Yellen speaks
NFIB Small Business Optimism Index released
Import and export prices reported; Treasury budget reported; earnings expected from Delta Air Lines and Pier 1 Imports
Consumer sentiment reported; earnings expected from Citigroup, Commerce Bancshares, JPMorgan Chase & Co., PNC Financial Services Group and Subaru
Consumer Price Index released; retail sales reported
Want the state’s top business news in your inbox? Sign up here for our newsletters.