Here’s a look at some of the stories Missouri Business Alert is tracking this week:
• Panera Bread will report quarterly results on Tuesday. It could be one of the last quarterly calls for the Sunset Hills-based operator of bakery-cafés: Panera announced earlier this month that it would be acquired for $7.5 billion by JAB Holding Company, a privately held investment company.
• Euronet Worldwide will report quarterly results and hold a conference call on Wednesday. The Leawood, Kansas-based company has been engaged a bidding war with China’s Ant Financial over MoneyGram, and the earnings call comes less than two weeks after it was revealed that the Chinese company upped its bid.
• The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City will release its manufacturing survey for April on Thursday. The bank’s month-over-month composite index for March was the highest it has been since March 2011, indicating strong growth of the region’s manufacturing sector.
• Bayer will report first-quarter results on Thursday and hold its annual stockholders’ meeting on Friday. The German company is working through its acquisition of Creve Coeur-based Monsanto, and reports suggest Bayer may be looking to sell off assets to win regulatory approval of the deal.
• Other companies of local interest scheduled to report results include Express Scripts and Southern Missouri Bancorp on Monday; Boeing, Centene, O’Reilly Automotive and UMB Financial on Wednesday; and Build-A-Bear Workshop, Cerner, DST Systems, Leggett & Platt and Reinsurance Group of America on Thursday.
Chicago Fed National Activity Index released; earnings expected from Express Scripts, Halliburton, Hasbro, Kimberly-Clark, Office Depot, Southern Missouri Bancorp and T-Mobile US; Governor’s Committee for Simple, Fair and Low Taxes meets
New home sales reported; earnings expected from 3M, AT&T, Baker Hughes, CBIZ, Canon, Capital One, Caterpillar, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Coca-Cola, Discover Financial, Eli Lilly, Gannett, Lockheed Martin, Panera Bread, Supervalu and Xerox; Missouri State Board of Accountancy meets
Durable goods orders reported; international trade in goods reported; Kansas City Fed Manufacturing Index released; farm prices reported; earnings expected from Anthem, Bayer, Boeing, Boston Beer Company, Euronet Worldwide, Fiat Chrysler, Hershey, Northrop Grumman, O’Reilly Automotive, PayPal, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Twitter and UMB Financial
Earnings expected from Alphabet, Amazon, American Airlines, Build-A-Bear Workshop, CBRE Group, Cerner, Comcast, DST Systems, Domino’s Pizza, Dow Chemical, Ford Motor, Intel, KKR, Leggett & Platt, Microsoft, Reinsurance Group of America, Southwest Airlines, Starbucks, Taubman Centers, Under Armour and Union Pacific
First-quarter GDP reported (first estimate); earnings expected from Chevron, Exxon Mobil, General Motors, Goodyear Tire, Phillips 66 and Spirit Airlines
Want the state’s top business news in your inbox? Sign up here for our newsletters.