MISSOURI BUSINESS ALERT
TERMS OF SERVICE
These Terms of Service describes the privacy protection efforts used by Missouri Business Alert, LLC. (“Missouri Business Alert” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) in connection with the Missouri Business Insider (the “Service”), including the Web site located at www.mosbusinesslaert.com or www.missouribusinessalert.com (the “Site”) and all Missouri Business Alert mobile phone applications (“Mobile”).
BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS DOCUMENT AND ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. IF YOU DON’T AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW, DON’T PROCEED TO USE OF THE SERVICE.
In using this Site and/or the Service, you acknowledge the following:
- You are solely liable for all content posted on or transmitted through the Site and agree to defend and indemnify Missouri Business Alert for any damages incurred in regard to that Content.
- Missouri Business Alert is not liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via the Site and/or the Service.
- If you post Content to the Service, unless we specifically state otherwise, you grant Missouri Business Alert and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content for all purposes.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that defames, abuses, harasses, stalks, threatens or otherwise violates ANY legal rights of others.
- You may not upload, publish post, distribute or disseminate any Content that is pornographic and/or obscene by Missouri Business Alert.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that, in the opinion of Missouri Business Alert, promotes hatred towards groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age and/or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that, in the opinion of Missouri Business Alert, impersonates or is intended to impersonate others in a manner that is intended to mislead or does mislead or confuse others.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content that is protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and/or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents, and you agree to defend and indemnify Missouri Business Alert from any damages which result from your posting of such Content.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any private, confidential and personal information about others.
- You may not upload, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any Content for unlawful purposes or that relates to dangerous and illegal activities.
- Your use of the Service must comply with these Terms and with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of data from your country of residence and all export control laws.
Advertisements and Promotions; Third Party Services
If you choose to engage in business dealings or correspondence with, our advertisers in any manner, those dealing are solely between you and such advertiser and we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or correspondence.
The Service and all content and other materials on the Site and Mobile of any kind and/or fashion (collectively, the “Materials”) are our property or that of our licensors or users and are protected by United States and/or international copyright laws.
Missouri Business Alert, LLC, Missouri Business Alert, the Missouri Business Alert logo and any other service name or slogan contained in the Site are trademarks of Missouri Business Alert and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Missouri Business Alert or the applicable trademark holder. Use of metatags or any other “hidden text” that includes “Missouri Business Alert” or any other name, trademark or service name of Missouri Business Alert without our prior written permission is prohibited, as is the use of any page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of Missouri Business Alert without our prior written permission. Trademarks, registered trademarks, service names and company names or logos of Third Parties which may be contained within the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Claims for copyright infringement or related matters should be made to our Designated Agent as set forth below:
Randall Smith, Missouri Business Alert, LLC
310-H Reynolds Journalism Institute
Missouri School of Journalism
Columbia, MO 65211-1200
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
In response to such a claim, we may give notice of a claim of copyright infringement to our users by means of a general notice on the Service, electronic mail to a user’s email address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to a user’s address in our records. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable law, Missouri Business Alert has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at the sole discretion of Missouri Business Alert, account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Missouri Business Alert may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
To report a violation of these Terms, please direct the information to Randall Smith at the address contained above. Reports of such violations are not considered confidential by us. We will determine what appropriate action will be taken, if any, in every case in response to reports that we receive, in accordance with these Terms or other applicable agreements between us and the alleged violator of the Terms or other remedies available under state or federal law. Personal replies to reports are not guaranteed.
Children under the age of 13 years old are not permitted to use this website without their parents’ permission. We encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE MATERIALS AND ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, THE MATERIALS OR ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE VIRUS-FREE OR HARMLESS, AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY OR SECURITY OF THE SERVICE. WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR WRITTEN) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE MOBILE APPLICATIONS, THE MATERIALS AND ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WHETHER ALLEGED TO ARISE BY OPERATION OF LAW, BY REASON OF CUSTOM OR USAGE IN THE TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING: (I) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY; (II) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF FITNESS OR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES; AND (III) ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF NONINFRINGEMENT OR CONDITION OF TITLE.
Limitation of Liability
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, THE MOBILE APPLICATIONS, THE MATERIALS AND ANY SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE..
Updates to Terms of Service
We reserve the right to change or modify any provisions of these Terms and any policies or guidelines governing your use of the Service, at any time in our sole discretion and without liability to you. Any such changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of revisions on the Service. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of such changes or modifications constitutes your acceptance thereof and if you do not agree to any changes or modifications to these Terms or to any applicable policies or guidelines, you must cease using the Service.
If you choose to access our Site, you are choosing to allow us to access, collect and retain this information and use it for a variety of purposes. When we ask you to provide specific information to us, we will include with that process a mechanism to determine to what extent you want your information shared with third parties. As to information that is collected by “cookies,” the electronic method we use to collect information about use of our website, you may configure your computer to decline cookies, but it may hinder your use of our Site.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to others unless you have given us permission to do so by your continued use of our Site, or if we are required by law to do so. If you wish to obtain details of the personal information we have collected about you, you may do so by contacting us, requesting your personal privacy information, at:
Missouri Business Alert
310-H Reynolds Journalism Institute
Missouri School of Journalism
Columbia, MO 65211-1200
A fee will be payable to obtain this information. Corrections to information in our records about you may be made by writing us at the address above.
We cannot guarantee the security of information you send to us because it is electronically held, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information.